Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How do I move up a flight I've already booked

How do I move up a flight I've already booked?
And can I switch airports? Instead of flying out of NYC can I change to a flight out of Buffalo? My flight doesn't leave NYC until Wednesday (Airtran). And I need to get home quicker than that. How can I get an earlier in the week flight (like Monday instead of Wednesday)? Will it cost me money? Do I call the airline? Do I just go to the airport?
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Call your airline or the travel agent you have booked with and say you want the day to be moved up to Monday. Each airline will have its own policy of changing booked flights so ask if a fee is required. Do not go to the airport unless you have a flight on that day.
2 :
Yes it will cost you at least $75 plus any fare difference. "Changes to Flight Itineraries All AirTran Airways fares are non-refundable (except Business Class) and a $75 fee per person applies to any change made after purchase, plus any applicable increase in airfare. Customers not sure of which flight they may want also have the option of placing unused airfare in a credit file for one year from the date of the original itinerary booking, for a fee of $75."
3 :
You could probably get on as a stand by but you might have to wait around the airport. If it's a medical emergency or bereavement, most airlines will accommodate you. You will need documentation though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search News