Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Can a Canadian fly from Buffalo to Orlando without a passport

Can a Canadian fly from Buffalo to Orlando without a passport?
If I drive from Toronto to Buffalo and fly to Orlando do I need a passport. I know I don't need a passport driving over, but do need one for natinal flights in the USA. If I can do that, is there any idea where I can get a vacation package on-line from Buffalo. Everytime I try to get a package from Buffalo it makes my departure city Toronto. The website knows I am located in Canada. Thanks
Toronto - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I know that as a citizen here in the US, I have to show picture ID (for all practical purposes a State drivers license) to get on a plane. As soon as they know you're a foreign national, you'll probably get asked for a passport. As for travel online; are you a CAA member? They should be able to book you from anywhere to anywhere. If they won't/can't, go online to the AAA club website using a Buffalo zip code.
2 :
I just heard a travel agent on the radio say that for flights within the US, a Canadian does not need a passport though of course you should have other ID such as driver's licence and birth certificate. At this time, it's only when you fly from a Canadian airport to a US one that they will ask for a passport. And that matches my experience recently, flying Corpus Christi-Dallas-Seattle-Comox. Passport wasn't asked for till I boarded in Seattle.
3 :
You don't nee a passport just yet....but you do need two piece of gov ID...like drivers license...birth cert.....canadian citizenship..it's a hassle...easier to get a passport.
4 :
Yes.But you still need id.
5 :
No you do not need a passport once you have enterred the US to fly within the US but you will need a photo ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search News