Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I fly in plane from Buffalo, NY to Florida tomorrow I am scared!

I fly in plane from Buffalo, NY to Florida tomorrow I am scared!?
I live in Buffalo, NY probably about 10 minutes from Clarence Center, NY where flight 3047 crashed. I leave for florida tomorrow and am absolutely petrified! Does anyone have anything to make me feel more at ease??
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Probably too late to see a doctor, I always get them to prescribe me ativan or lorazepam. That definately does the trick. Other than that, I would just get really drunk (after you're on the plane, they won't let you on if you are stumbling around in the airport toward the gate).
2 :
A train derailed about 10 years ago and only one passenger died. It was a woman who had taken the train because she was afraid she would die in a plane crash. When your number is up, it's up and there is nothing you can do about it, so you might as well not worry. I know, this probably won't solve your fears but at least it puts them in perspecitve.
3 :
I'm taking a stab in the dark here and I'm going to assume you are flying on JetBlue from BUF as they have the most flights out of BUF and they fly non-stop to either Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, or Fort Meyers. If I'm correct, then you are in good hands as jetBlue just turned 9 years old this month and have an impeccable safety record. You won't be flying on a turboprop plane, but rather an Airbus A320, one of the safest planes in the sky! Also the pilots for JetBlue are highly trained and you need a minimum of 1,500 hours experience in the sky just to apply for JetBlue. Aside from all of that, their LiveTV on their airplanes will entertain you and you'll forget that you are flying at all. If you are not flying on JetBlue, you'll still have a safe flight becuase what happened was just a freak accident. Aviation accidents will happen, but they are MUCH MORE RARE than auto accidents where people die everday. Just relax and enjoy the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search News