Monday, May 14, 2012

What are some quick, fairly cheap ways to get from Buffalo to Toronto

What are some quick, fairly cheap ways to get from Buffalo to Toronto?
I'm flying into Buffalo next month and traveling across the border from there into Toronto in order to save money. I'm not sure if it will be worth the savings, though, because I can only seem to find expensive shuttle/taxi services to take me into Toronto by the time I need to be there. I've looked at Amtrak and Megabus (which I've heard is nightmarish and unreliable), and they arrive too late. I'm looking to be in Canada by about 5 PM. Would it be best for me to take a $200+ taxi to Toronto, or just fly there in the first place? Right now flights from where I am to Toronto are about $530; from here to Buffalo is $240, but if I have to pay $250 each way for a taxi, there's not much point. Basically, I'm asking for opinions on whether I should fly to Canada or fly to Buffalo and then cross the border. Are there any shuttles, taxis, or buses I could take that would be less than $200 PLUS get me there by 4-5 PM-ish at the latest? That's asking for a lot, I know :D
Toronto - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Considering that you have to allow extra time to cross the border, you aren't going to get from Buffalo to Toronto in anything less than 3 to 4 hours on Greyhound or Megabus. Even a taxi would take you 1.5 to 2 hours. If you have to be in Toronto at a particular time, you would be better off flying there.
2 :
I am not sure if you will be able to find a taxi willing to take you from Buffalo to TO. You do realize its about 100 miles driving distance, right? That plus the fact that you will have to cross an international border and I'm not sure if a cab driver/company will be willing to do that - possibly into into Niagra Falls, but TO...... Your best bet would have been to fly directly to Pearson Int'l......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search News