Friday, September 21, 2012

Becoming an Air Traffic Controller

Becoming an Air Traffic Controller?
I have been interested in Aviation my whole life. I wanted to be a pilot for so long, the only problem is I cant pay for the flight cost for training. I've been looking into ATC. I am going to attend the University at Buffalo for Computer Engineering this fall. If I do decide I want to become an Air Traffic Controller, should I transfer out of Buffalo after my freshman year and go to an ATC School? Or should I get my 4 year BS Degree first and then pursue ATC? Do I have to have a degree related to ATC to become a controller.
Aircraft - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you want to be a pilot, have you considered the military as an option?
2 :
Go to ATC school first. The FAA is looking to hire 1000+ controllers every year through 2020. The average wait time from graduation of school until Oklahoma City calls you up has been 1-2 years for a lot of people. Sometimes even longer. While you sit around and wait for them to call you is a great time to go back to school and finish whatever other degrees you are working on. Remember you have to get hired on with the FAA before your 31st birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search News