Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Helicopter student with financial aid problems

Helicopter student with financial aid problems?
I was wondering if anyone knew of a flight school that would train you as a pilot for free as long as you maybe signed a contract to work with them upon completion of the program? I'm training to be a helicopter pilot, and love flying, but due to problems with my student loan company, I'm faced with having to quit. I don't want to!! But don't know what else I can really do, so I'm hoping that there is another option somewhere. I'll go anywhere, heck I already moved from Buffalo, NY to Van Nuys, CA in order to pursue this. I have a very supportive husband and family, that want to help me, but none of us is in a financial situation to just pay for 80,000.00 of flight training and due to all this loan crap(the loan company has been anything BUT understanding and helpful), I'd rather not have to go through this loan business again. Any suggestions? Please help!
Aircraft - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Get a job to pay off the loan at to pay for flight school. Or join the ARMY.
2 :
The army gave me my helicopter pilot training for free. If you call thirteen months in Vietnam getting something for free.
3 :
http://flighttraining.aopa.org/members/learntofly/financing/scholarships.cfm
4 :
First, I don't know of any organization that sponsors training, with the exception of the military, and that may or may not be a good option for you. Next, I'm not sure where you are training, but there is no reason your training should cost $80,000. $60,000 is about the max it should take, or perhaps less. Let me also direct you to the following websites: http://www.verticalreference.com/ http://www.justhelicopters.com/home/default.asp Search through the forums there for threads about financial aid problems, or post questions yourself so you can get more responses from helicopter pilots. Also, check out Whirly Girls if you haven't already. You may make some contacts through the organization, and I understand that they have a scholarship program: http://www.whirlygirls.org/ I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't have any first hand experience with the loan organizations. I recommend you use the resources above to get in touch with pilots who do have experience with them, and go from there. In any event, you want to make sure the whole loan thing is sorted out completely before proceeding. You don't want to jeopardize your financial security for training. Make sure that you're not training at a school that requires everything up front. You should pay for your training as you go, and if you can arrange to have the loan come in small increments, you will prevent super large interest payments. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search News